ePortfolio approach has the potential to act as a strategic catalyst for promoting the integration of ICT in teaching and learning in national education systems.
Office 365 in practise
What is a Classroom ePortfolios
An electronic portfolio (also known as an eportfolio, e-portfolio, digital portfolio, or online portfolio) is a collection of electronic evidence assembled and managed by a user, usually on the Web. Such electronic evidence may include inputted text, electronic files, images, multimedia, blog entries, and hyperlinks. E-portfolios are both demonstrations of the user's abilities and platforms for self-expression, and, if they are online, they can be maintained dynamically over time.
Classroom ePortfolios Platforms
Mahara is an open source e-portfolio system with a flexible display framework. Mahara, meaning ‘think’ or ‘thought’ in Māori , is user centred environment with a permissions framework that enables different views of an e-portfolio to be easily managed. Mahara also features a weblog, seume builder and social networking system, connecting users and creating online learner communities.
Office 365 is an e-portfolio system that provides students, teachers and staff with exceptional quality communication and productivity services they need. Watch this video to see how it works. It provides staff, faculty, and students at schools with free email, sites, online document editing, storage, instant messaging and web conferencing.
Community of Practice
EUfolio facilitates a Community in Practice using the Yammer platform to promote and foster collaboration. Wenger, McDermott & Snyder (2002) define Communities of Practice as ‘groups of people who share a concern, a set of problems, or a passion about a topic, and who deepen their knowledge and expertise in this area by interacting on an ongoing basis’ (2002,p. 7). The Yammer EUFolio Community of Practice supports and enhances informal learning for participants. It provides opportunities to
- Connect people who might not otherwise have the opportunity to interact, either as frequently or at all.
- Provide a shared context for people to communicate and share information, stories, and personal experiences in a way that builds understanding and insight.
- Enable dialogue between people who come together to explore new possibilities, solve challenging problems, and create new, mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Stimulate learning by serving as a vehicle for authentic communication, mentoring, coaching, and self-reflection.
- Capture and diffuse existing knowledge to help people improve their practice by providing a forum to identify solutions to common problems and a process to collect and evaluate best practices.
- Introduce collaborative processes to groups and organizations as well as between organizations to encourage the free flow of ideas and exchange of information.
- Help people organize around purposeful actions that deliver tangible results.
- Generate new knowledge to help people transform their practice
I'm a small Introtext for the Register Module, I can be set in the Backend of the Joomla WS-Register Module.